Tuesday 6 May 2014

The Social

JaTo on The Social

The Social is in Newcastle West on 774 Hunter St

On COFFEE
I had high expectations for The Social's coffee, it being the 'sister cafe' to Sprocket near the mall on Hunter St. Great coffee, great coffee. To got her usual piccolo which had a lovely aroma, it was very smooth and strong. I got my usual cappuccino. It was a great coffee however mine was slightly weak for my liking. It is better to order a double shot cappuccino to really enjoy their amazing smooth coffee. Great coffee overall. We give an overall rating of 8/10.


On FOOD
The Social's morning menu is a good mixture of brunch and breakfast options. I got the tortilla with beef and chorizo. I did not want to stop eating when I was full. It was very big and very tasty. I must say one of the best breakfast burrito/ tortilla I have had in Newcastle. I definitely recommend this to everyone who loves a good breakfast burrito. To was quite boring with her brunch choice and got toast and Vegemite. She enjoyed it, nice bread good amount of Vegemite. Overall food was 9/10 easy. I can not wait to go try other breakfast options!
On ATMOSPHERE
From everywhere I have had brunch or breakfast I must say The Social had it's own unique feel about it. It successfully gives you a taste of hipstered Cuban flavour. Almost all the booth like tables with the 'bus seats' have dominoes. It had a really relaxed cool feel about the place. I recommend going for a chilled chat with a friend over dominoes or go for a casual coffee and something extra over the paper. Must give The Social's atmosphere a rating of 5/5 easy.

The BRUNCH BREAKDOWN
All in all the breakfast, the coffee and the atmosphere comes together beautifully. The Social's breakfast tortilla I am still drooling over; their smooth coffee aroma and unique atmosphere is a must go for Novocastrians who love to brunch. The Social's overall rating is a solid 22/25.


Brunch on Newcastle,
Ja and Company xoxo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment